Saturday, May 8, 2010

Quick thought: Mother's Day.

This year will be the first time I have been pregnant on Mother's Day. But I still remember all the other years and want to take this moment to say that I am thinking of and praying for all of my friends who are struggling with miscarriage or infertility. For many years I couldn't go to church on Mother's Day because it was too much. I know it's hard, and I know there's not always much you can do about it. But I want to assure you all that you are loved, and wish you a happy (if bittersweet) day just the same. Peace be with you.

1 comment:

  1. Liz - I just found your blog and I love not only how you write but what you write. I love (and appreciate) your openness. I am happy to have stumbled onto your blog at this moment of happiness in your life. I have had a much different experience with infertility (we received the prompting to adopt at the same time we started trying to get pregnant, and never in a million years thought I wouldn't be able to get pregnant) and are in the process of adopting our second child, with pregnancy no where in sight. I still don't label myself as infretile, just as someone who isn't pregnant yet. I can relate to your friend who made the comment 'at least you know you can get pregnant' because at times I have just wanted to know, but reading your posts has made me thankful once again for my individual path to motherhood. Thanks for writing, and good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete